Senior Scientist/Engineer – Synthetic Biologist – Bioengineer
General Probiotics Inc. is hiring synthetic biologists/bioengineers. Candidates must have a strong synthetic biology background and the ability to work in a self-directed manner as part of an agile team. We are primarily interested in hiring at the Ph.D. level, but we are open to considering strong candidates at the M.S. and B.S. levels.
– Lab skills in synthetic biology, genetic engineering, microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related fields
– Strong work ethic
– Creative problem solving and experimental design
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Ph.D. or equivalent (in Synthetic Biology, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, or related field)
– Previous experience in the life sciences industry, a research lab environment or relevant experience.
The Senior Scientist/Engineer will be expected to lead the agile development of new antimicrobial probiotics, and will report directly to the CEO. This position will also involve the development of antimicrobial assays for testing the antimicrobial performance of modified probiotics, and the design and analysis of animal experiments.
-Manage interactions with major animal health partners
-Proposal and report writing
-Media preparation and laboratory maintenance
-Data collection, graphic representation, and presentation via slide and written formats
This position requires a U.S. person
Submit your resume to email@example.com with “Senior Scientist/Engineer Position” in the subject line
At General Probiotics we engineer probiotic bacteria to target and kill pathogenic microbes. We have been awarded SBIR grants from the NSF and the USDA. We have established collaborations with strategic partners to develop this technology for FDA approval. We are located at University Enterprise Labs in Saint Paul, MN. For more information, visit www.gprobiotics.com