General Probiotics Inc. is looking to hire synthetic biologists. Candidates must have a strong microbiology background, experience in the fields of genetic engineering and synthetic biology, and the ability to work in a self-directed manner as part of a team. We are interested in hiring at the Ph.D. level, but we are open to considering strong candidates at any level.
– Strong lab skills in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related fields
– Strong lab skills in synthetic biology and genetic engineering of bacteria
– Creative problem solving and experimental design skills
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with probiotics, including bacilli, lactobacilli, enterococci, and E. coli
- Experience with antimicrobial peptides
- Experience with antibacterial and with antiviral assays
– B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
– Previous experience in the life sciences industry, a research lab environment or relevant experience.
This position requires a U.S. person
Send your resume to email@example.com
At General Probiotics we engineer probiotic bacteria to target and kill pathogenic bacteria and viruses. We have been awarded Phase I and II SBIR grants from the NSF and the USDA. We have established collaborations with strategic partners to develop this technology for FDA approval. The FDA has deemed our technology innovative and waived sponsor fees.
We are located at University Enterprise Labs in Saint Paul, MN.